Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bad Hair Cut

Yesterday when I picked up Monarch after her ultrasound, I was a bit shocked at her "bad haircut"... I knew that they planned to shave her belly, I just wasn't expecting bare sides too.

Monarch played dead in the vet lobby. She stretched out on her belly with legs fully extended front and back. She looked so skinny and long. I was afraid that she would be out of it for the rest of the evening. I was wrong! The minute we got home, she ran through the door and jumped on my keeper dog Brianne. Monarch has so much energy now!

We could always feel Monarchs ribs, but couldn't really see them through the fuzzy puppy fur, but now they are so obvious. She has two weeks for her fur to grow back in before it gets shaved off once again for the surgery.

I hope that now that Monarch is eating, her ribs will slowly disappear into the puppy fat. But until then we will have several embarrising photos for her puppy book!

No comments: